Who We Are
Headley Parish Council is the first tier of local government serving the local needs of Headley’s residents. It is a statutory local authority set up under the Local Government Act 1894.
The Parish Council is comprised of 12 unpaid Parish Councillors who serve a four-year term of office. It also employs a Clerk & Executive Officer, Responsible Financial Officer and a Playground Monitor.
Every year the Council elects one of the Coucillors to be the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Council. Decisions are made by consensus of Councillors at the Council meetings. The Clerk & Executive Officer does not vote or make decisions. The Council’s paid officers advise Councillors and implement the Council’s decisions.
The first point of contact to the Council is the Clerk & Executive Officer who can be contacted on 01428 713132 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parish Council is funded by raising a precept on all residential properties in the parish. The Council also applies for grants to support its project work.
What We Do
The Parish Council is responsible for public open spaces, such as Headley Village Green and Standford Village Greens and the Playing Fields on Mill Lane. It also manages play areas, Arford Common, Headley Hill Woods, a piece of land in Standford, Headley Allotments and a number of small pockets of land including Saunders Green, the grassed area at the entrance to Crabtree Gardens known as ‘The Pound’ and the land linking the Village Green to Long Cross Hill.
The Parish Council works collaboratively with a wide range of groups and organisations both within and outside the Parish.
All council meetings are open to the public and press, except in very exceptional circumstances. The time and place of meetings is advertised beforehand on the Parish website – Parish Council Meetings – and noticeboards.